About Me

My photo
My name is Donna and I am a mother of three amazingly loud and wild boys. My son Bryland was born in September 2007. My son Jackson was born 14 months later in November 2008. And my youngest was born in January 2011. I’ve been married to most amazing and Godly man, Jeremy, since August 2004. Since I became a mom, I was blessed to stay home for 2 years and returned to teaching half-time Kindergarten but it was very challenging for our family, so I am home again. :) I absolutely love my family and my Jesus!

Friday, November 2, 2012

yubo

The boy's yubo lunch boxes arrived last week and I absolutely love them.  I ordered them when I saw a coupon for 25% off your entire purchase.  If you know me, I have a hard time resisting a good sale (or just buying things in general).  Again, why we're on the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University Plan and why I'm suppose to be on a strict cash only system because I lack self-control when it comes to shopping.  Pray for me, seriously!

I had each of the faceplates personalized for the boys.  Bryland wanted the Shark yubo Set but it didn't come in green but since the faceplates are interchangeable I ordered it because it was gray and that's the color I wanted for GRAYdon so the two of them switched.

Bryland's yubo with drink holder

Jackson wanted the Happy Dinos Set and I ordered it just the way it came and it fits him so perfectly, I couldn't be happier.  

Jackson's yubo with drink holder.

Graydon at this point still hasn't expressed what he likes since he's only 21 months old so I ordered him the Green Space Set and again he and Bryland switched so they could have the yubo in the color they wanted.

Graydon's yubo with "matching" drink holder.  I thought it was going to be gray but came in black.
Here are the three lunch boxes.  The handles can be attached anywhere and came in the set.  You could even put them on the "side" but then the faceplates wouldn't have been facing the right way and that would bother me.  :)
Everything but the faceplates are dishwasher safe.

Here is a picture with the matching drink holders.  Once you add the sets in your cart, you can select the matching drink holders if you choose.  Again, since you can place the handle anywhere around the lunch box you can do the same with the drink holders.  

I haven't decided what water bottles I want to save to buy the boys yet. I of course want one that has at least 3 color options and easy to clean.  I'm going to try to steer away from the ones with the tricky drink spouts that you never know if you're doing a good job cleaning them or not.  I don't want my kids to be drinking mold!  You know what I mean?  I can always go back to the Nalgene or Klean Kanteen, since they have so many cap options to choose from.

Here are all three with the drink holders on.  They velcro on.
I packed Bryland and Jackson's lunch the exact same.  I'm still trying to figure out what to pack and what to buy to give them a variety of food that they'll actually eat.  The yubo comes with an awesome ice pack so I could put food in here that needed to stay cold.  I used the two medium sized containers (I bought separately) and two small sized containers.

Costco Dino chicken nuggets, string cheese, ketchup, frozen edamame (thawed by lunch time), olives, chocolate covered pretzel and Trader Joe's wafers.
Graydon is still our picky eater.  You never know what he'll eat and or when he'll eat.  We just had his weight check on Monday and he's in the second percentile.  This is good because he's back on the charts!  We've been giving him Instant Carnation Breakfast in his milk every morning and now we'll do it anytime he has milk now.  He likes soup if we give him a straw so the doctor told us to add butter or any fattening ingredients in.  Therefore, Graydon has a slightly differently lunch, snack, etc. all the time.  I try to pack him things I know he'll eat and some things I hope he'll eat when we're out and about.

Costco Dino chicken nuggets, string cheese, Ritz crackers, Goldfish crackers, apples and M&Ms.
The boys have Friday School so on Fridays I have to pack them a snack.  But since I was on the cleaning crew as well, I packed the lunches pictured above so they could eat before I had to run Bryland to gymnastics!  Fridays are our busiest days and we're all exhausted by nap time.  Below are the boys' snacks packed in a large yubo container that came with the set.

Pizza Goldfish crackers, applesauce, juice and granola bar.
Here is another snack I packed the boys before we headed out to the mall last Saturday to find clothes for family pictures coming up soon.

Goldfish crackers, Ritz crackers, juice and granola bar.
I am loving the yubo lunch boxes. Since each set came with the large containers and two small containers I did order the medium containers as well to give me more options.  I'm so glad I did because   the last two Fridays I've used all of the containers.  The goodbyn are great but I try not to use those since the boys would have two lunch boxes to carry and that's just too much for us so I try to limit that if possible.  Today is the last day of gymnastics and I'm so glad.  Bryland luckily isn't interested in it and thinks it's boring.  He has two buddies in class with him but that's not enough to keep him there so we'll finally get a little break after today.  :)

I didn't get a chance to take a picture of what I packed the boys today but I'll have to do it with my phone. :)  I really want to start making the lunches into themed lunches or characters but I haven't been able to purchase the fun tools to help me do that, so hopefully I will after the holidays.  We'll see.  Have a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment