About Me

My photo
My name is Donna and I am a mother of three amazingly loud and wild boys. My son Bryland was born in September 2007. My son Jackson was born 14 months later in November 2008. And my youngest was born in January 2011. I’ve been married to most amazing and Godly man, Jeremy, since August 2004. Since I became a mom, I was blessed to stay home for 2 years and returned to teaching half-time Kindergarten but it was very challenging for our family, so I am home again. :) I absolutely love my family and my Jesus!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Bento Excitement!!!

For awhile now, I've been wanting to make Bento Lunches but being on the Dave Ramsey Plan we have a limited shopping budget.  So, what was a girl to do?  I decided to sell some baby things that we no longer need (since we are done having babies) and things that we didn't need around the house.  This allowed me to order The Original Goodbyn Lunch Boxes for all 5 of us.  I figured once I plan our meals better, buy in bulk and waste less we could save even more money.  

The Original Goodbyn Lunch Boxes with ears.  The boys will each have their own colors.  Jeremy and I will have ones without ears.  I was tempted to get the Raspberry ones with ears though.  

However, I have also started a list of other bento boxes I hope to get in the future with other fun tools to help make our lunches even more fun and enjoyable.  Here are a few that are on my wish list.

Yubo, probably what I'll try to save up next for.  The faceplates can be personalized and are interchangeable.  For drinks, they have these velcro pouches that you can attach to the side of the box.
Goodbyn Bynto are smaller than the original but still come with stickers and the cute ears.  The water bottles are now sold separately.
PlanetBox has two different sizes available (Rover and Launch).  You can also find them at Pottery Barn, however they only have limited options to choose from.  I have read reviews that they leak so all liquids should be in their round containers (dippers and satellite dish).
Laptop Lunch Boxes have many colors available and many options to choose from.  I like that these are sold at Whole Foods so I can easily purchase them when we are able.  However, they currently only have one color available and I would prefer the boys all have their favorite colored boxes (and Jeremy and I too).
Our schedule has been so busy the last several months that I've had no time to craft.  Crafting was "my time" and was and still is a much needed time, however, we are unable to carve time out for this so I figured this would be my new hobby.  A hobby that would allow me to save more by wasting less, making healthier food, make eating fun for my boys, feed my husband (his main love language...yes food...but really Acts of Service) and I'm sure much more.

I'm sure as I begin to make these lunches, it won't look as cute as many of the Bentos I've seen on several amazing blogs...but maybe one day I will be able to do that.  :)  We will see where this takes me since I'm Sew Fickle!  I'll do my best to take pictures of our Goodbyn and what I decide to pack first.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment