About Me

My photo
My name is Donna and I am a mother of three amazingly loud and wild boys. My son Bryland was born in September 2007. My son Jackson was born 14 months later in November 2008. And my youngest was born in January 2011. I’ve been married to most amazing and Godly man, Jeremy, since August 2004. Since I became a mom, I was blessed to stay home for 2 years and returned to teaching half-time Kindergarten but it was very challenging for our family, so I am home again. :) I absolutely love my family and my Jesus!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Matching Pajamas for Christmas Day

I can't really remember any family traditions growing up for Christmas at our house. I know we go to church and then to my grandparents to open presents. Then we find time to do it with just my family at some point go to my other grandmas. But nothing that we had to do every year because it was tradition.

Well, since having Bryland I wanted to start some traditions but our kids are still young and we're refining some that we want to set in place. So far some traditions we have started: we get PJs for Christmas Eve so we can wear them for Christmas morning and all day long. :) We also celebrate Jesus' birthday by making him a cake and buying special plates and cups for our Christmas dinner. This year Bryland chose Batman plates and Iron Man napkins. Jackson is really into cars so he chose Disney Cars cups and dessert plates. Then we read the Christmas Story out of one of their Bibles, sing Happy Birthday and enjoy our confetti cake (I'll post later about how to make this simple cake).


I have always wanted to make PJs for the family and I heard how extremely easy it was, so this year I decided that was what I was going to do. Bryland wanted Batman so I bought 8 yeards of Batman flannel on Black Friday. The fabric just stared at me for awhile. I had a pattern I bought several years ago from Craft Warehouse and I found it on etsy (I love etsy if you don't catch on later). It was a Paisley Pincushion pattern. I was so happy I found it on etsy because I had lost the instructions but had all the pattern pieces uncut. The lady was so sweet and I emailed her to see if I could get the instructions and she sent me her link. Then anytime I had problems with the pattern (which seemed like it was often) I sent her an email and she gave me her phone number and told me to call her anytime!!!
I made the boys' PJs from that pattern and it was challenging but turned out great. For Jeremy's and mine, I just took one of his PJs that I have been wearing and made a pattern from that and it was so much faster and easier! And that's what I'll be doing next year for all 5 of us! The unfortunate part was we wore it on Christmas Eve and the boys got their PJs all dirty so we couldn't take a nice family picture that night since we had to wash them. Then the next day we looked gross but took a picture anyways. Here they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment